Past Award Winners
2013 - Rob Pickford
Ni-Van Teachers, Vanuatu
Support for Project Placement School
Project Aim: To improve the children’s knowledge of places beyond the island by providing maps and books with pictures to support learning
2013 - Fiona Buckmaster
Support Ghana: http://www.supportghana.org/
- To build a new school block for the Victory Assemblies of God International School (VAGIS) which will provide two additional classrooms for the overcrowded kindergarten and nursery students, as well as providing as office for the headmaster, and supplying the school with more up-to-date textbooks and learning resources.
2015 - Alex Astley & Will Clare
- To reduce the educational inequality that exists in society today
- To reduce the number of children who are leaving primary school unable to read, write and do basic numeracy
To provide quality one-to-one free tuition for primary school pupils who are not fulfilling their potential in either Maths of English
2016 - Jenny Munday
A Girl Called Happy: http://www.agirlcalledhappy.org/
In conjunction with The Mummy Foundation in Uganda, they help to support the most vulnerable teenage mothers and their children in Katwe.
- As well as funding the college course fees and equipment, A Girl Called Happy covers the costs of their children’s education and the girls receive a weekly payment to allow them to focus on their education and learn skills for the future instead of having to work alongside the programme.
2017 - Zoe Lewis & Samuel Dzomeku
Zoe Development Foundation (now called NeedBe Foundation): https://www.facebook.com/needbefoundation/
Zoe Development Fund is a community development organisation in Ghana, working to support locally led initiatives.
- Built four classroom structures in Amuzudeve – a community with no school – and aim to secure teaching and learning resources as well as roofing for the classrooms.
- Started a cassava and maize farm in the village where proceeds from harvested farm produce will be used to raise funds for the school.
- Support the new school by recruiting volunteer teachers on a long term basis.